A Warning from PRP:
Proper installation and consistent use of the 5 point harness restraint system is critical to your safety in event of accident. To reduce risk of serious injury or death:
- Follow vehicle manufacturers, and PRP Seats instructions and safety messages during installation and use of this product.
- Use all belts provided. Secure lap belt first; low and snug across hips. Sternum strap tight at chest line (min. 4” below neck). Adjust remaining straps per instructions and confirm fitment restrains user & provides safe clearance from wheel, dash, roll cage, etc.
- Inspect all components of the 5 point harness restraint system regularly & replace as indicated by accident, wear or abrasion. Replace no later than 2 years from date on SFI 16.1 tag.
- This 5 point competition restraint system is intended for UTV or other off-road vehicle-not replacement for FMVSS 209 restraints. Never use with child car seats or boosters.
When it comes to rider and passenger safety in your UTV, chances are you can never be too safe. That's why here at Side by Side Stuff, we offer countless products to take your machines safety to the next level. Take for instance the PRP 3 Inch SFI approved 5-Point Ratcheting Harness designed to keep even the most serious enthusiasts in their seats. These harnesses mean business.
Unlike PRP's traditional 5-point harnesses, these have a ratcheting lap belt tensioner. This allows for the harness to keep you in your seat no matter what kind of mess you get yourself in to while in your side by side. Each harness is SFI certified for racing so if your looking to get your machine past tech inspections for your next race these could be your ticket. The Harnesses also feature all black hardware and EZ pull adjusters for the shoulder straps and fifth point strap. This allows you to tailor the harness for maximum comfort and safety both on the trails and tracks.Features:
Optional Harness Override Plug:
- 5 point harness with 3 inch belts
- SFI certified for racing
- Metal components are coated black
- EZ adjusters
- Sewn in pads
- Removable sternum strap
- Lap belts bolt in
- Shoulder harness and crotch strap can either bolt down or wrap around the roll bar
- Does not include mounting hardware
If you have a Can Am model, Honda Talon, Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000, 2015+ Polaris, 2017+ Yamaha UTV, or Wildcat XX then you're going to want the Dragonfire Harness Override Plug for your machine when installing an aftermarket 4 or 5 point harness for the driver seat. This override clip is designed to trick your machines computer into thinking that you're buckled up, allowing you really hit that gas pedal and go! There is no wiring required, simply plug it in and go play.Optional Passenger Bracket:
Have a Can-Am Maverick Max? If so, your passenger is going to need the optional passenger bracket above. Since this mounting location for the passenger inner lap belt is so much lower than normal, the aftermarket harnesses can't reach this mount while providing proper fitment. This powder coated, heavy duty carbon steel extension requires no cutting or welding for installation.