- Requires 14 inch or larger wheels.
- 14 inch factory wheels require 1 inch wheel spacers.
- 14 and 15 inch wheels cannot exceed 4.5 inch backspacing and 16 inch wheels cannot exceed 5 inch backspacing.
- THIS ITEM ONLY SHIPS VIA FREIGHT TO A COMMERCIAL ADDRESS AND REQUIRES A SIGNATURE UPON DELIVERY.
Applicability: 2016-21 Can Am Defender and Defender Max
We all know your Can-Am has enough horsepower and torque to take on any terrain and any task. However, sometimes duty calls when the vehicle needs some adjustments in the gear department. When that time comes, get outfitted with the High Lifter Dual Idler 4 Inch Portal Gear Lift for the Defender. This assembly brings a whole new meaning to the word upgrade, with massive benefits ranging from performance to the machine structure.
The UTV portal gear lift comes with everything you could imagine to make this integration from the gearbox to the rotor right down to the backing plate and gaskets. Each unit is constructed from the finest materials with unique design elements. For instance, the gasket is made out of Kevlar. The backing plate is steel with bent flanges and questionably one of the strongest available. What really sets this side-by-side portal gear lift from the rest is the dual idler gears spread with twice as many teeth. We could sit here all day and tell you what it comes with and how it's made, but we know you want to know what's good. Here goes.
In a nutshell, the Defender portal gear lift gives you four-inches of that beloved ground clearance with the right kind of power and torque to handle the tough stuff. Crawling or doing those extra heavy loads will be child's play once this aftermarket hard part kit is mounted up to your buggy. You'll be the talk of the roady crew for sure. We know there's a lot, so be sure to ask questions. Give us a call or shoot us an email, Side By Side Stuff has you back.Features:
Gear Box Features:
- The dual idler gears spread the load over twice as many teeth on the gear sets, which doubles the area and reduces stress by half
- More reliable torque transfer
- 15% or 30% gearing extends brake life by needing brakes less often due to greatly improved engine braking
Gasket and Seal Features:
- Strongest boxes on the market because forging produces a tougher piece of metal
- Forging is stronger than both cast and billet aluminum
- Extremely robust and give you more worry-free miles
- Offers a plug for venting with an optional easy to install kit that will be available soon
- Vent kits allow an advantage of cooling which reduces early deterioration of the gaskets and seals
Backing Plate Features:
- High density Kevlar fiber gaskets plus no additional sealant is needed
- Creep resistant plus oil and coolant resistant
- Two oil seals on the spindle shaft for 100% more sealing area
- Dual seals prevent water intrusion and oil leaks
- True triple seal on the input shaft which includes a wiper seal that provides a significant extra layer of protection
- Strongest backing plates on the market
- 5/16” steel plate with bent flanges for strength and durability
- Welded gusset brackets and designed to factory off-set
- Works with most control arms that are built to factory hub specifications
- Precision ground stainless steel rotors
- Access holes for ease of assembly and disassembly
- Slotted rotor allows for heat dissipation and cooling
View Warranty Information
- Alloy steel heat treating process increases overall internal and external strength
- CNC precision ground machining ensures excellent fitment and increased strength
- Controlled gear lapping for ease of installation and a quieter performance
This product can expose you to chemicals including Chromium, which is known in the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov