A Warning from PRP:
Proper installation and consistent use of the 5 point harness restraint system is critical to your safety in event of accident. To reduce risk of serious injury or death:
- Follow vehicle manufacturers, and PRP Seats instructions and safety messages during installation and use of this product.
- Use all belts provided. Secure lap belt first; low and snug across hips. Sternum strap tight at chest line (min. 4 ½ below neck). Adjust remaining straps per instructions and confirm fitment restrains user & provides safe clearance from wheel, dash, roll cage, etc.
- Inspect all components of the 5 point harness restraint system regularly & replace as indicated by accident, wear or abrasion. Replace no later than 2 years from date on SFI 16.1 tag.
- This 5 point competition restraint system is intended for UTV or other off-road vehicle-not replacement for FMVSS 209 restraints. Never use with child car seats or boosters.
From the looks of it, you took your buggy on a ground-pounding adventure without adequate confinement to keep you safe. Did you have the scare of your life? Unfortunately, OEM belts are not designed to keep you secure while you're embarking on extreme rides. You probably walked away with impact body aches, ride fatigue, and buckle bruising. Being properly restrained when you're riding rough is a must. Otherwise, you could suffer from much worse than some aches and pangs. The blue 3 Inch, SFI Approved 5 Point Seat Harness by PRP is an excellent choice. Here's why.
PRP took comfort and function to a whole new level. The offroad harness is constructed from heavy-duty nylon with black anodized brackets. The shoulder straps are sewn to the lap strap to increase the structural integrity of the UTV harness. This thing is engineered to keep you secure through the toughest terrain conditions the planet has to offer. It's even SFI 16.1 certified. PRP also includes some comfort and convenient features. For instance, they've sewn in pads to the shoulder strap to reduce neck chapping, provided a removable sternum strap, and integrated EZ adjusters. The side by side harness can be altered according to your comfort needs quickly, regardless of what muck or mud you've gotten yourself covered in. Ride hard, be safe. Order up.Features:
Optional Belt Minder:
- 5 Point Harness, 3" lap and shoulder belts
- SFI 16.1 certified
- Metal components are coated black
- Easy adjusters
- Sewn in pads
- Removable sternum strap
- Lap belts bolt in
- Shoulder harness and crotch strap can either bolt down or wrap around the roll bar
- Does not include mounting hardware
Belt Minders are offered as an option. The purpose of the Belt Minders is to keep the shoulder straps from moving too far apart on the bar behind your shoulders. Check out one of the photos above for an illustration.Optional Harness Override Plug:
If you have a Can Am model, Honda Talon, Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000, 2015+ Polaris, 2017+ Yamaha UTV, or Wildcat XX then you're going to want the Dragonfire Harness Override Plug for your machine when installing an aftermarket 4 or 5 point harness for the driver seat. This override clip is designed to trick your machines computer into thinking that you're buckled up, allowing you really hit that gas pedal and go! There is no wiring required, simply plug it in and go play.