- SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED FOR DELIVERY.
- The Intercom System alone does NOT allow communication with other vehicles. To talk between vehicles, you will need a radio, coax, antenna, and push-to-talk system.
Whether you're a serious side by side racer or hardcore trail blazer, wearing a helmet for protection is a given but it can make it difficult to communicate with your co-driver. At Side By Side Stuff, we offer the 2 Person Helmet Kit and Intercom System by Rugged Radios for your UTV communication needs. With the 2 Person Intercom System, you'll get race proven performance, total VOX control between riders, and the most universal intercom available that can be configured to almost any application.
The helmet kit features the patent pending Dura-Link Seal to create a watertight connection between the intercom cable and the helmet kit plug to protect the wires from water, mud and dirt that can affect audio performance. Enjoy listening to your favorite tunes with the universal 3.5mm front music port and included music cable that streams music from your iPod, iPhone, Smartphone or MP3 player. With total Voice Operated Transmission or VOX, you simply speak at a specified volume level which is adjusted with the VOX control on the intercom, and the music is automatically muted when conversation begins and softly comes back on when the conversation ends.RRP696 Intercom Features:
Helmet Kit Features:
- Dimensions: 4.5"(width) x 4.125"(depth)
- Operable for 2-4 persons
- 25 watts
- Aluminum extrusion housing for total circuit shielding
- Total VOX (voice operated transmission) control
- Front 3.5mm music-in port with auto music muting
- Front quick connect port for cell phones (cable sold separately, see options)
- Detachable rear music / cell / audio port connection
- Adjustable depth and angle with quick mounting "L" bracket
- Precision tune mic gain control
- High output amplifier for outstanding music listening
- Isolated grounds for eliminating ground loop issues
- Clear filtered audio circuiting
- Speakers install easily with a peel and stick velcro back
- Universal fit for most helmets
- Dura-link sealed connection between intercom cable and helmet kit plug
- Low gain dynamic mic circuit
- Clear hear audio speakers
- Clear communication in loud environments
- Flex boom noise cancelling mic
Optional In-Dash Intercom Mount:
- (1) RRP696 intercom
- (2) 12 ft. intercom extension cables
- (2) HK-OFSP Dura-Link helmet kit with flex boom mic
- (1) 3.5mm straight music cord
- (1) 2 pc. L-bracket intercom mounting kit (requires drilling)
Mount your RRP696 Intercom with this flush style mounting bracket. Black anodized, stamped steel offers durable and secure mounting for a variety of dashes. This mount requires you to cut a hole in the dash to install.
Optional Cell Phone-To-Intercom Cable:
This cable is required to connect your phone to your intercom in order to make and receive calls through the headset. It also acts as your music cable to stream music into your intercom. Using this cable will deactivate the VOX feature.
This cable is compatible with Motorola, Samsung, LG, Apple or any phone equipped with a 3.5mm input port. Choose between a front connection or rear connection.
View Installation InstructionsRugged Radios Licensing Agreement
By selecting the "Yes, I agree" in the options above, you are stating you agree to the terms below.Rugged Radios FCC License Sharing
Rugged Radios has licensed 71 channels for use in the United States under its FCC Call Sign WRCL361. We make these channels available for sharing with eligible radio customers pursuant to Section 90.179 of the FCC’s rules. Customers may share Rugged Radio’s licensed frequencies if they sign the agreement below, and if they are eligible to use the frequencies under Section 90.35 of the FCC’s rules. A customer is eligible if they use the frequencies for a commercial activity, in this case, for professional racing.FCC License Sharing Agreement
This is a legally binding agreement. Read it carefully and consult with your attorney before clicking “I Agree.”
1. I agree that I will only use the Rugged Radio channels during professional races. races and trade shows, for commercial reasons-only.
2. I agree that I will only transmit on approved channels/frequencies in specific geographic areas. I have read the channel list and will only transmit on a particular channel in the specific area listed in the list.
3. I agree that I may only transmit on the Rugged Radios frequencies on Part 90 radios sold to me by Rugged Radios or an authorized dealer of Rugged Radios.
4. I agree not to program the radio to operate on channels that are not properly licensed to the user under FCC rules, or to operate at power levels higher than permitted under FCC rules. I understand operation that is not consistent with FCC rules will not be sanctioned by Rugged Radios and may be reported to the FCC. Rugged Radios is not responsible for my violations of this agreement or FCC rules. Any violation of FCC rules or this agreement will result in termination of this agreement and revocation of my permission to share use of the Rugged Radio frequencies, and I will be responsible for any resulting fines from the FCC.
5. My membership will expire in 12 months and it is my responsibility to renew this agreement with Rugged Radios.
6. I understand and agree that Rugged Radios may revoke, change or modify this agreement at any time.
7. By providing my information below and clicking "Yes, I Agree," I understand that I am agreeing to the above terms of this agreement.