Heading out on the trails with your buddies can be a blast but what if someone has a mechanical issue or emergency and no one is around. Make sure everyone's connected with the Dual Band Handheld Radio Bundle by Rugged Radios. While carrying this Handheld Radio, you can talk car-to-car with ease to communicate with other vehicles equipped with a UHF or VHF radio. This is Rugged Radios most versatile radio for everything you need and is the easiest system they have to communicate car-to-car.
This radio can operate on both VHF and UHF bands so it's like having two radios in one. The bonus long range ducky antenna simply screws onto the existing antenna mount to increase your transmit distance when needed and the high capacity battery gives you extra power on those longer rides. It even has an FM radio so you can dial in to your favorite radio station. With VOX, or Voice Operated Transmission, simply start talking into the provided lapel mic and any music playing will shut off and quietly resume to normal volume when conversation ends. The lapel mic also features an adjustable position ear piece, shirt clip, and inline Push-To-Talk button when not using the VOX feature. There is a PTT button on the radio itself when not using the lapel mic.
This kit can be combined with any Rugged Radios Intercoms or used alone. It allows you to communicate with other radios, such as the Rugged Radios Vertex VX2200 that is included in the Car-To-Car and Base Camp Kits we offer.RH-5R Dual Band Handheld Radio Features:
Bundle Bonus Features:
- Frequency: Commercial FM 65MHz-108MHz / VHF 150MHz-174MHz / UHF 420MHz-470MHz
- Pre-programmed with over 40 popular channels including Best In The Desert, Baja Pits, Weatherman, BFG Relay, Rescue, Checkers, GMRS channels and more!
- Up to 128 Programmable Channels
- Dual Band (VHF/UHF)
- 5 watts of Power = Transmit Distance Approximately 2-3 Miles
- FM Radio
- DCS/CTCSS Programmable
- VOX (Voice Operated Transmission)
- Emergency Alarm Function
- High Power/Low Power Selectable
- Dual Watch/Dual Reception
- Offset Function for Repeater Access
- Display Illumination and Programmable
- Battery "Save" Function
- Selectable Scan Mode
- Built-In LED Flashlight
- Built in Push-To-Talk (PTT) Button
- High Capacity Battery: Double the Battery Life of the Standard Battery and Works Great as a Spare or Backup Battery When Extended Battery Life is Critical
- Long Range Ducky Antenna: Replaces Standard Antenna to Increase Transmit Distance, Maximizing the Range and Performance of Your Handheld Radio
- Lapel Mic and Ear Piece: Lapel Mic is VOX Compatible with the Handheld Radio, Adjustable Position Ear Piece, Shirt Clip, and Inline PTT Button
Optional Radio Mount for Handheld Radio:
- (1) RH-5R Dual Band Handheld Radio
- (1) Standard Antenna
- (1) Long Range Dual Band Ducky Antenna
- (1) Standard Lithium-Ion Radio Battery
- (1) High Capacity Lithium-Ion Radio Battery
- (1) Belt Clip
- (1) AC Base Station Charger
- (1) Lapel Mic and Ear Piece
Securely clip the RH-5R Radio to this mount using the belt clip on the radio to securely fasten to the mounting plate. This mount has been designed to be bolted directly to any surface for greater versatility when choosing a location. Mounting hardware is included.
Optional Radio-To-Headset Coil Cord:
The Radio-To-Headset Coil Cord allows you to connect your Handheld Radio to any of the Rugged Radios Standard H22 Over-The-Head or H42 Behind-The-Head Headsets. The H22 and H42 Headsets offer professional features and superior design for comfort and clear audio performance.
Car-To-Car Setup with Use of a Rugged Radios Intercom:
If you already have or intend to purchase one of the Rugged Radios Intercom Systems, the Handheld Radio can be connected to the intercom to complete your communications setup. By having the intercom system only, you can talk between driver and passenger(s) inside the vehicle but by connecting the Handheld Radio to the Intercom, you also add the ability to talk car-to-car. The 2-Pin Handheld Radio Jumper (CJ-KEN or CJ-KEN-XL) is required to connect the intercom to the handheld radio for car-to-car communication. The use of a Push-To-Talk (PTT) Button is also required when talking car-to-car. The Standard H22 and H42 headsets come equipped with a built in PTT button. If you have a helmet kit, Ultimate headset, or other headset that does not have a Push-To-Talk button, you will need to purchase a push-to-talk button to connect to your intercom so you can use the car-to-car feature. We recommend the Velcro PTT with Coil Cord (PTT-VM2-CCXL) for Drivers to attach to their steering wheel and the Velcro PTT with Straight Cord (PTT-VM-SC) for Co-Drivers to attach to their grab handle. This is the easiest and safest way to use the push-to-talk feature.
View Basic Programming
View Instruction Manual
Click this link to be directed to the Rugged Radios Brand Page and check out the Headset options we carry.